Member care focuses on the wellbeing and effectiveness of staff, teams, and their organizations.
Member care is the ongoing investment of resources by sending groups, service organizations, friends, colleagues, and workers themselves, for nurture, development, and strategic impact.
Resources for supporting staff and their organizations in mission and across sectors–humanitarian, development, peace/security, etc.
A framework for actively and responsibly engaging in our world–collaborating to address major issues that impact wellbeing for all people and the planet
A growing domain of study, research, and practice, promoting equitable, quality mental health and wellbeing for all persons and peoples
Resources for living consistently in moral wholeness–at the individual, institutional, international levels–and for preventing and confronting corruption
Featured Resources 2021-2022
(See All Archives HERE)
1. Member Care
Global Member Care Updates (monthly):
–Martyr Care: Living and Dying for Jesus (January 2022)
–Spiritual Warfare: Following Jesus into the Light…and Darkness (December 2021)
–Creation Care: SOS (November 2021)
–Mental Health, Trauma, and Wellbeing: Pathways for Involvement (October 2021)
CORE Member Care Weblog:
Current topic: Unreached People Groups and Sustainable Development Goals (UPGs-SDGs)
The latest entry: Integral Mission: Journeying into the UPG-SDG Domain.
Resources from the Member Care Community:
–“Experiences of Missionaries Who Grew Up with a Parent Having Mental Illness”
Watch the 45 minute webinar based on the doctoral dissertation by Vicki Reyes (10 November 2021)
—Integrating Asian Christian Counselling in Missions
4th Asian Christian Counselling Virtual Conference (9-11 September 2021)
—Member Care: Core Skills. Six Session Webinar Series
Link Care Foundation (3 June–4 November 2021)
—What Mental Health Professionals Can Learn from Mission Member Care: Ways of Thinking, Doing, and Being. Pamela S. Davis and Mandy Kellums Barak. Journal of Psychology and Christianity (2021, Vol. 40, No. 1, 29-39). Used by permission.
2. Global Integration
Global Integration Overview
Global Integration Updates:
–New Year’s Yearnings: Peace on Earth–Sharing our Stories and Strategies (January 2022)
–Global Humanitarian Overview 2022 (Dec. 2021)
–Planet SOS: The UN Climate Conference (November 2021)
–Mental Health and Wellbeing for All (October 2021)
3. Global Mental Health
See MCA GMH-Map website
Coming early 2022:
—GMH: Collaborating for Sustainable Development and Wellbeing. O’Donnell, K., Eaton, J., & Lewis O’Donnell, M. A revised version is in Behavioral Science and in the Global Arena (Volume 2).
—Mental Health and Trauma (video, 11 brief segments) Lausanne Movement
—GMH: Three Strategic Events (5-12 October 2021)–what’s up and why its important.
—World Mental Health Day (10 October 2021) Mental Heath in an Unequal World. World Federation for Mental Health. See the special short articles for this year’s theme.
—WHO Comprehensive Mental Health Action Plan, 2013-2030
4. Global Integrity
See special section on this site
Coming early 2022:
—Global Integrity Day, 9 June 2022–Moral Lives Matter. Theme–Integrity and Corruption in the Health Sector
–Living in Global Integrity: Moral Wholeness for a More Whole World (book chapter by the O’Donnells)
–UN International Anti-Corruption Day Theme: Your right, your role: Say no to corruption, 9 December.
—UNODC’s six week anticorruption campaign.
—Integrity: Fighting the Evil of Corruption. 9 December,
Global Integrity Network, Lausanne-WEA.
—Corruption in Health Care.
13 December, Faith and Public Integrity Network
—UN Anti-Corruption Efforts Perspetives and Examples (December 2021)
- GMH Training: PresentationsWe share some examples of the GMH-related presentations we have done over the past ten years in graduate schools, conferences, and special events. More presentations are listed in the Global Integration section (GI Seminars) –GMH and WHO: Reflections and Resources for Colleagues Across Sectors. Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma (20 April…
- GMH Training: PublicationsTen GMH overview articles over the past 10 years. The latest, April 2021: GMH–Collaborating for Sustainable Development and Wellbeing. O’Donnell, Eaton, Lewis O’Donnell.
- Peace-Security-Justice MCA Materials“Promote just, peaceful, and inclusive societies.” SDG 16 –New Year’s Yearnings: Peace on Earth–Sharing our Stories and StrategiesGlobal Integration Update, January 2022 –State of the Planet: Our Suicidal War on Nature, Global Integration Update, January 2021 –Genocide: Bearing Witness…Global Integration Update, December 2020 –Peace, Justice, Inclusion, and Strong InstitutionsGlobal Integration Update,…
- COVID Care ResourcesCovid Care: Promoting and maintaining mental health, resilience, and wellbeing for all persons and peoples (ranging from informal to formal services, guidance, and policies, local through global) during the multi-faceted challenges of COVID-19 and beyond.
- MCA BooksSince the 1980’s, the O’Donnells have contributed their thought leadership in Global Member Care and made them available for easy download and listening. Doing Member Care Well: Perspectives and Practices from Around the World (2002). All or parts of this book (50 chapters and over 60 authors in the original…
- Presentations–Kelly/MicheleHaving fun with friends in France (June 2007) on the 40th anniversary of the Monterey Pop Festival. “All we are saying… is give peace, probity, and good practice a chance… and prioritize the good news ad majorem Dei gloriam!” MCA Learning Platform Examples of Presentations 2009-2021 Kelly O’Donnell, PsyD and…
- GMH MapOur Global Mental Health-Map site (GMH-Map) lists key resources for Global Mental Health (GMH) in order to better understand and navigate the GMH domain and find relevant ways for connecting and contributing. It is also very pertinent for member care and for the largely undeveloped area of “mental health as mission.” We…
- Living Integrity–Confronting CorruptionGlobal Integrity Day is a positive day to reflect, teach, and collaborate on ways to integrate integrity in all we do throughout the entire year. It is also a strategic day…Read more on the website.
- Multi-Sectoral MCMember Care in the Multi-Sectoral Context Examples to Support Your Work in Member Care and Mission What is Multi-Sectoral Member Care (MS-MC)? –MS-MC involves mutual learning-support-resources from connecting and contributing across sectors (e.g. humanitarian sector, health sector, development sector, etc.). How do other sectors promote the wellbeing and effectiveness of…